Job position at Swapps Colombia
Capable of doing:
QA and Testing
User Story Development
GMT-09:00 a GMT-01:00
Open for residents of
Why does this opportunity exist?
- We are growing as a company and we need extra help in our project management team.
- We are looking for a high-skilled business analyst who can help us defining requirements for our clients.
- Requirements collection, requirements analysis, user story development, backlog development, process modeling, and performance metrics.
- Quality Assurance and Testing for IT projects.
- Developing wireframes with UX/UI for websites and applications.
Additional requirements (other than skills)
- Understanding of web and mobile product design and development.
- Great written communication: as we work remotely, this is our main way of communication.
- Self-Organization: Working from home has its challenges on self-organization, we want to make sure you can organize yourself to get work done.
- Initiative: We love people who propose solutions and do not stay just with what they are supposed to do, but go beyond.
- Teamwork: We work as a cohesive team, we want you to be able to work as a team with us.
- Self-learner: We learn all the time. We love people who before asking someone how to do something, have already searched and most of the time can learn on their own.
- Scope Management: Great communications skills for scope management of projects with clients.
Better if you have:
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience working in an IT environment.
Language (s) required
Spanish - Fully-fluent English - Speaking and Reading
What do we expect from you in the first three months?
- Every day is a new challenge because we are in continuous update, so we love to test and embrace new technologies, so be ready for constant learning.
- All our internal communication is in English! Be ready to improve your English!
- Communicate with clients in English if required.
- Adapt to our continuous integration workflow.
- Successfully collect requirements of 2 new projects.
- Create user stories based on requirements.
- Create UX wireframes of 2 new projects.
- Manage projects’ backlogs.
- Do Quality Assurance of 2 new projects and some current projects.
Team on Pycon with Jacob Kaplan creator of Django, Eric Holscher creator of Read the Docs.
- Swapps has been a great school for many developers. You have several opportunities to learn and practice most of the most current technologies and development good practices.
- All our developers have the opportunity to grow together with the company. We never stop learning and improving.
- You will be working with a great team of professionals willing to help you to become a better developer every day.
- You don't have to wait years to increase your salary, if you demonstrate great capabilities and become a key player, you can easily multiply your salary in months.
- You don't have to stay in the same path, you can change your role or explore other areas of interest.
About the organization
- To follow best practices is a must, and constant learning is a daily job.
- We are a company of developers for developers, so we perfectly understand the importance of remaining current in the industry and how to provide a great life balance for our team members.
- Swapps has been in the market since 2013 and It has been constantly growing.
- Our culture is friendly and no the traditional corporative one.
- We focus on results, so if you do your job, we are not watching you to meet schedules.
- Most of our team is remote but we love to see each other (if possible).
- Titles, genre, or race is not our concern. We are a multi-diverse team.
- Swapps is a global company with a presence in Colombia and the USA.
- We are 17 in total. CEO, CTO, CFO, COO, Administrative director, Accountant, Project Managers, backend developers, front-end developers, and UX designers.
- Despite the role, we treat everybody as a team on the same level and help each other to achieve the objectives as a team
- In-person periodic retreats.
- We provide a monthly amount so you cover utilities, chair, desk technology, and everything you need to work comfortably.
- First-class medical insurance.
- Laptop upgrade budget.
- Monthly cash to cover office expenses.
- Performance bonus.
- End of year bonus (Additional to the legal one).
Type of agreement
- Undefined term contract with all the benefits with Swapps Colombia.